Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NOT one of those days

You know those days when you feel the warmth of God's presence in the simplest things? When your smile is ready and your heart is full of gratitude? When little things don't seem to bother you because God is in His heaven and all is right with the world? Today is not one of those days.

Today is one of those days when I simply know he is there because he said so. Not because I can see him or hear him or feel him, but because he said so. I am tired -- demands of motherhood, an irritating cough left over from last week's sick day, and more chores than I want to admit undone and awaiting my attention -- these things are taking their toll on me.

Today is one of those days that I have to consciously remind myself of blessings in my world. Today is one of those days when I have to fight the urge to throw my hands up in frustration and let the chips fall where they may. Today is one of those days when I have to make a deliberate effort to speak with a bridled tongue. Today has begun far earlier than I intended. Today is full of chores to do, people to receive, and errands to run. Today will not end until the sun has long gone.

Today is a new day, new with promise and mercy. I choose today. I cast my choice on an ever-faithful God. I choose faith. My choices are few, but today, I choose Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does this blogger ever plan to post a new article? Where are you, Ms. Redsocks?