Monday, July 21, 2008

Great Expectations

I try to keep things light. I try to keep smiling...to be consistently optimistic, if a little darkly sarcastic in doing so. My faith makes me ready to say that I believe, that I hope, that I am confident in my God and in the saving power of His son. But honestly, I'm struggling. I feel like I am not using my gifts to their potential, like I'm not approaching my family with the gratitude that allows me to care for them as I should, like I'm floundering to make sense of my vocation and what it requires of me. And I feel like in the midst of it, God is standing by, silently watching. I feel the distance...I feel the burden of my failures...I feel that somewhere in the growing hunger in my soul, a dam has to break. I feel that this time will give way to some growth, or healing, or new understanding -- some touch of abundant grace that lies just over the horizon. And so I wait...and pray for courage and resolve to embrace the darkness, and to be vigilant in expectation of the dawn.

This post was started just before a family vacation in July. In abundant mercy and abiding faithfulness, I know my redeemer lives. As they solidify, I will post the thoughts and prayers from our time away...a chain of blessings from a chain of lakes beneath the Michigan sun.

2 comments:

Marva said...

Oh girl! I know how you feel......

I get by with faith and the good Lord keeping me up.

I am still reading just little time to comment.

I looked for the recipe book, you emailed about and I do not have it.

Did you ever find the recipe?

Blessings!!!!!

mamacantrix said...

No..I went from memory and got close enough. That bread never lasts around here long enough to matter if I got it just right or not!

Thanks, hon, and we're praying for you!